Worship – latest update
WORSHIP IN CHURCH
Join us for Holy Communion in church every Sunday at 10.30am. You don’t need to book a place, just turn up.
PLEASE respect that we continue to do all we can to keep everyone as safe as possible. Our guidance is:
- If you have the App, please scan the QR code displayed
- Wearing a face covering will be strongly encouraged – particularly when receiving communion and singing
- There are two seating zones – one where mask wearing and social distancing will be obligatory and one where it won’t so you can choose to sit where you feel most comfortable.
- Singing will be allowed for the first and last hymn
- Hand sanitizer still to be used
- A one way system will continue, people will exit via the chapel and be encouraged to socialise outside after the service
- Refreshments won’t resume until September
- IMPORTANT: If you feel unwell and have coronovirus symptoms, please don’t enter church and return home.
Every 1st Sunday of the month will be an All Age Family service.
For children, during Sunday Holy Communion we offer the creche and Sunday Kids Space in the Cafe area. Find out more at this link to the Young Church page!
Private Prayer – the church is open for private prayer every Friday from 10am – 12.00pm.
There’s additional online worship you can join via Zoom: For Zoom login details please email the vicar, Rev. Emma Sykes: email@example.com or call/text her on 07784 071919. The services are:
Sunday’s at 6.00pm – Evening prayer/Agape
Wednesday’s at 10.30am – Morning prayer
St.Barnabas Families@Home – there’ll be an online Children and Families Service every 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month on the St.Barnabas Families YouTube channel! From 10.00am join Bethan as she leads games, songs, bible teaching and craft activities for the whole family to enjoy from home. To subscribe to the YouTube channel and find the weekly videos follow this link
Service related craft packs are available to be delivered to your home. Email Bethan if you’d like to receive one at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Messy Church is every 3rd Sunday of the month.
WORSHIP AT HOME: The Church of England Birmingham also offers some suggested morning and evening prayers for those who would like to worship at home. To find them please click here
The Lighthouse at St Barnabas is a lovely modern, bright and airy venue that met our needs perfectly. The team were accommodating, making us feel very welcome and ensuring our needs and those of our delegates were met throughout the day.
Andy - PODS (Positive Outcomes for Dissociative Survivors)