Erdington Historical Society
Erdington Historical Society was re-formed in 1985 after a lapse of thirty years. The Society has around 60 members and meets on the second Monday of the month at 7.30pm in the Lighthouse room at St. Barnabas.
The focus of each meeting is a talk, often by guest speakers, and topics covered have included:
- Early History of Jazz
- Birmingham Sporting Venues
- The History of Four Oaks Park Estate
- History of Honey
- Lighthouses & Sea Rescue in the UK
- The Battle of Tewksbury
- The History of Birmingham Fire Service
Events included a trip to the famous Newman Coffin Works Museum in Birmingham and the Christmas quiz.
Meeting dates coming up:
- 14th October History of Flight: Chris Jukes
- 11th November History of the Lancaster Bomber: Gordon Macmillan
- 9th December AGM & Christmas Quiz with drinks & nibbles
New members are always welcome. The membership fee is just £5.00 per calendar year and then £1 per meeting for members. Visitors can attend a meeting for £2.00.
To join or for more information contact us on 0121 306 4820 or email email@example.com
WW1 Graves at St. Barnabas – Commemorative booklet
Members also recently spent 18 months researching the WW1 war graves in the St. Barnabas church yard and produced a wonderful, commemorative booklet with the help of project leader, Billy Carslaw and support from the Heritage Lottery Fund. Click here to view the booklet.